Your Shopping List
A well organized list will help you be Even Faster!
I encourage you to arrange your list by the departments in the store you’ll be going to. This way you can quickly and easily go down the list checking items off as you walk through the store WITHOUT making that "oh ya I just remembered” run back several isles you already walked through. Talk about wasting time and energy, right? Since most of us purchase the same things each time we grocery shop, a recurring list makes sense.
Here’s a copy of mine. You will need a spreadsheet program like Excel to open it. Another great shopping list is Mary Ann's. She can actually total up her bill before she goes shopping. If you want a totally "geeked out" list download this one.
- when searching for the item on my list its easier to find so I can check it off as needed (and quantity too)
- when shopping I know which section on my list to look at to learn what I need from that department
The Categories are arranged by the store I do most of my general shopping in (Winco).
To use this list simply find the item and write how many you need on the line, and check it off when purchased.
Here are a few other ideas of places your list may need to be:
- Hang this list in your fridge so everyone can help keep you stocked up
- Hang it in your store room (food storage room) because that’s where you’ll stock your pantry from. This way you are constantly and easily rotating your food storage. (Food storage basics is a blog for another day my friends!)
- Print out multiple copies at a time and file them. This way you don’t have to print one every time you need one. Hang 1 up in each place. They’re easy to consolidate while driving to the grocery store. No not you silly! One of your team members who’s NOT driving!
By using a recurring shopping list form that you’ve created or customized, you’ll save energy and time racking your brain as to what you need, how many you need, because you probably had to buy it last time too!
Tags: save money groceries food money
Add a Comment
For all news items click here
An Organized Kitchen & Pantry Saves You Money!
Sometimes we get overwhelmed by the clutter that over-runs our kitchens! Mary Ann gives us some money-saving motivation for keeping our kitchens and pantries clutter-free.
Release Date: 4/12/2023
Your Shopping List
Ya, ya, I know what you are thinkin, "why do I need to read about a shopping list?" Because you want to spend LESS time in the grocery store, LESS energy, have LESS stress, and spend LESS money. Am I right? Using a shopping list will help you get in and out of the store faster and spend less money because you are NOT making spontaneous purchases, but rather buying what your family actually needs.
Release Date: 4/10/2023
Digitally Filed...Or Lost in Cyber Space?
Melanie shows us a quick way to organize our files digitally so they are easily found and never lost again!
Release Date: 4/8/2023
Sprouting seeds are packed with vital nutrients, protein, and minerals. They make a highly nutritional addition to your Food Storage.
Basic principles that help you make smart, economical decisions about food storage.
Every house has storage issues regardless of it's size. Double your storage space with simple principles that will keep your house clutter-free all day, everyday.
No events scheduled at this time.Calendar View