Your Shopping List
A well organized list will help you be Even Faster!
I encourage you to arrange your list by the departments in the store you’ll be going to. This way you can quickly and easily go down the list checking items off as you walk through the store WITHOUT making that "oh ya I just remembered” run back several isles you already walked through. Talk about wasting time and energy, right? Since most of us purchase the same things each time we grocery shop, a recurring list makes sense.
Here’s a copy of mine. You will need a spreadsheet program like Excel to open it. Another great shopping list is Mary Ann's. She can actually total up her bill before she goes shopping. If you want a totally "geeked out" list download this one.
- when searching for the item on my list its easier to find so I can check it off as needed (and quantity too)
- when shopping I know which section on my list to look at to learn what I need from that department
The Categories are arranged by the store I do most of my general shopping in (Winco).
To use this list simply find the item and write how many you need on the line, and check it off when purchased.
Here are a few other ideas of places your list may need to be:
- Hang this list in your fridge so everyone can help keep you stocked up
- Hang it in your store room (food storage room) because that’s where you’ll stock your pantry from. This way you are constantly and easily rotating your food storage. (Food storage basics is a blog for another day my friends!)
- Print out multiple copies at a time and file them. This way you don’t have to print one every time you need one. Hang 1 up in each place. They’re easy to consolidate while driving to the grocery store. No not you silly! One of your team members who’s NOT driving!
By using a recurring shopping list form that you’ve created or customized, you’ll save energy and time racking your brain as to what you need, how many you need, because you probably had to buy it last time too!
Tags: save money groceries food money
Add a Comment
For all news items click here
Tips on getting laundry done from Christianne.
Release Date: 5/21/2019
Water bottles save dishes!
Joanne shares with us how she uses water bottles to help reduce dish clutter, save money, and help keep her family hydrated.
Release Date: 5/8/2018
Pantry Organization Video
Take your pantry from Good to GREAT! Mary Ann shows you how in this video.
Release Date: 3/27/2018
Every house has storage issues regardless of it's size. Double your storage space with simple principles that will keep your house clutter-free all day, everyday.
Basic principles that help you make smart, economical decisions about food storage.
With the rising costs of groceries, you may have noticed your budget rising, too. Learn how easy it is to save money on groceries right now - No Coupons Necessary!
No events scheduled at this time.Calendar View