Keeping School Skills Sharp During the Summer
- ABCya.com: K-8th Grade learning games for reading, sight words, and math skills
- SpellingCity.com: Spelling and vocabulary review games for all grade levels
- PowerMyLearning.org: Grade Level learning for all subjects desiged to help with the Common Core standards used by many states.
- Cooking: Helps kids use reading and math skills like fractions, reading numbers, and counting. It is also a good opportunity to help them improve fine motor skills, practice good hand-washing and hygiene skills, and learn how to perform basic kitchen cleaning skills like washing dishes or sweeping the floor.
- Special Outings: Visits to a museum, the zoo, or discovery center can add lots of additional opportunities for kids to apply what they have learned over the summer.
- Grocery Shopping: My friend Pat Green wrote a couple of great blogs on how the grocery store can be a great place to teach subjects like geography, units of measurement, basic addition and subtractions and much more. Check out her posts below:
Add a Comment
For all news items click here
An Organized Kitchen & Pantry Saves You Money!
Sometimes we get overwhelmed by the clutter that over-runs our kitchens! Mary Ann gives us some money-saving motivation for keeping our kitchens and pantries clutter-free.
Release Date: 4/12/2023
Your Shopping List
Ya, ya, I know what you are thinkin, "why do I need to read about a shopping list?" Because you want to spend LESS time in the grocery store, LESS energy, have LESS stress, and spend LESS money. Am I right? Using a shopping list will help you get in and out of the store faster and spend less money because you are NOT making spontaneous purchases, but rather buying what your family actually needs.
Release Date: 4/10/2023
Digitally Filed...Or Lost in Cyber Space?
Melanie shows us a quick way to organize our files digitally so they are easily found and never lost again!
Release Date: 4/8/2023
Life is busy - Learning to manage and prioritize your time is essential to how busy you FEEL. Learn to make more time for yourself, your family, and everything else!
Sprouting seeds are packed with vital nutrients, protein, and minerals. They make a highly nutritional addition to your Food Storage.
With the rising costs of groceries, you may have noticed your budget rising, too. Learn how easy it is to save money on groceries right now - No Coupons Necessary!
No events scheduled at this time.Calendar View