Water bottles save dishes!
- I bought different kinds of water bottles at our fav second hand store (Deseret Industries).
- Each person in our family chose a bottle and labeled it. This saves space in landfills as you are reusing water bottles rather than throwing them away.
- IMPORTANT: be sure to tell them that they are in charge of keeping it filled and clean and to only drink out of their own water bottle. (This has been a bit of a problem for us.)
- I ask my crew to drink a full bottle of water every day… no it doesn’t happen daily, but we try.
- The sharpie written names tend to wear off after awhile. No worries. This is fine as long as everyone knows which bottle is theirs. You/they don’t have to know everyone’s bottle on sight. Just your/their personal one. TIP: If you like knowing everyone’s bottle, writing on tape has worked best for us. Label maker labels tend to wear out faster than sharpie on tape.
- Not sure if you can see it in this pic, but we have a specific place for water bottles in our fridge. It has been labeled to show where their water bottles live. Our crew is pretty good about replacing them there. Now if we could just keep them filled we’d be golden!
- We also have a basket of extra bottles. You know the ones that magically appear from races, camps, reunions, etc. These are our replacement water bottles as we sometimes leave them at the park, orthodontist, beach, someone else’s house or car, etc. This way we don’t stress over the absent bottle. Just choose another and label it.
I hope this little suggestion makes your dish washing more efficient (because there are less glasses to wash) and helps your family be hydrated. I wish you the best and happy savings till next time!~Joanne
Tags: watter bottle time money dishwasher space hydration
Add a Comment
For all news items click here
Creating a Possitive Work Environment
Pat shares some tips for getting your kids to have a better attitude about helping our around the house.
Release Date: 3/30/2020
Quick & Easy Holiday Eats & Traditions
Some of our Blogger's Best holiday recipes, activity, and gift ideas.
Release Date: 11/19/2019
Back to School Night Tips
Back to school night is a great opportunity to become an involved partner in your child's education. Pat shares some tips on how to do this.
Release Date: 9/10/2019
Basic principles that help you make smart, economical decisions about food storage.
Life is busy - Learning to manage and prioritize your time is essential to how busy you FEEL. Learn to make more time for yourself, your family, and everything else!
With the rising costs of groceries, you may have noticed your budget rising, too. Learn how easy it is to save money on groceries right now - No Coupons Necessary!
No events scheduled at this time.Calendar View