Water bottles save dishes!
- I bought different kinds of water bottles at our fav second hand store (Deseret Industries).
- Each person in our family chose a bottle and labeled it. This saves space in landfills as you are reusing water bottles rather than throwing them away.
- IMPORTANT: be sure to tell them that they are in charge of keeping it filled and clean and to only drink out of their own water bottle. (This has been a bit of a problem for us.)
- I ask my crew to drink a full bottle of water every day… no it doesn’t happen daily, but we try.
- The sharpie written names tend to wear off after awhile. No worries. This is fine as long as everyone knows which bottle is theirs. You/they don’t have to know everyone’s bottle on sight. Just your/their personal one. TIP: If you like knowing everyone’s bottle, writing on tape has worked best for us. Label maker labels tend to wear out faster than sharpie on tape.
- Not sure if you can see it in this pic, but we have a specific place for water bottles in our fridge. It has been labeled to show where their water bottles live. Our crew is pretty good about replacing them there. Now if we could just keep them filled we’d be golden!
- We also have a basket of extra bottles. You know the ones that magically appear from races, camps, reunions, etc. These are our replacement water bottles as we sometimes leave them at the park, orthodontist, beach, someone else’s house or car, etc. This way we don’t stress over the absent bottle. Just choose another and label it.
I hope this little suggestion makes your dish washing more efficient (because there are less glasses to wash) and helps your family be hydrated. I wish you the best and happy savings till next time!~Joanne
Tags: watter bottle time money dishwasher space hydration
Add a Comment
For all news items click here
Water bottles save dishes!
Joanne shares with us how she uses water bottles to help reduce dish clutter, save money, and help keep her family hydrated.
Release Date: 5/8/2018
Pantry Organization Video
Take your pantry from Good to GREAT! Mary Ann shows you how in this video.
Release Date: 3/27/2018
DIY Custom Drawer Dividers
An oldie, but a goodie! This repost is from 2014. Melanie Shows us a fast and inexpensive way to make custom drawer dividers that really hold things together and keep you organized.
Release Date: 3/25/2018
Learn how fast and easy it is to make all of your dairy products at home!
Life is busy - Learning to manage and prioritize your time is essential to how busy you FEEL. Learn to make more time for yourself, your family, and everything else!
Basic principles that help you make smart, economical decisions about food storage.
No events scheduled at this time.Calendar View