Bed Time Routines
A routine provides so many benefits for the children, especially young children. Here is how we do it:
Bed time routine starts around 8:00.
- (Baths every other day or nightly if needed)
- Clean up house, including bedrooms
- Brush teeth.
- Wash faces (if donít bathe)
- Read scriptures all together in family room.
- Review following dayís activities
- Family prayer, also in family room
- Family hug & family cheer
- Be sure everyone goes potty
- Tuck each into bed, (check on each saying personal prayers. They love to chat about anything & everything before sleeping/or to stay up later/ or maybe they just like the individual attention. What ever the reason this is my favorite part! Enjoy!)
- no bedroom or bathroom lights on, doors open or closed as they want it. Nightlights are automatic.
9:00 pm or so: Heads on pillows & lights out. Theyíll whisper & giggle, but I think its sweet & let them, as long as we canít hear them from the kitchen, older siblings can sleep through it..
Here is a great little list for getting that bedtime routine set up: Sleep remedies and sleep tips for children
(Photo from nativeremedies.com)
I wish you the best and happy savings till next time!
Tags: routines bed time children routines teaching children
Add a Comment
For all news items click here
An Organized Kitchen & Pantry Saves You Money!
Sometimes we get overwhelmed by the clutter that over-runs our kitchens! Mary Ann gives us some money-saving motivation for keeping our kitchens and pantries clutter-free.
Release Date: 4/12/2023
Your Shopping List
Ya, ya, I know what you are thinkin, "why do I need to read about a shopping list?" Because you want to spend LESS time in the grocery store, LESS energy, have LESS stress, and spend LESS money. Am I right? Using a shopping list will help you get in and out of the store faster and spend less money because you are NOT making spontaneous purchases, but rather buying what your family actually needs.
Release Date: 4/10/2023
Digitally Filed...Or Lost in Cyber Space?
Melanie shows us a quick way to organize our files digitally so they are easily found and never lost again!
Release Date: 4/8/2023
Life is busy - Learning to manage and prioritize your time is essential to how busy you FEEL. Learn to make more time for yourself, your family, and everything else!
Every house has storage issues regardless of it's size. Double your storage space with simple principles that will keep your house clutter-free all day, everyday.
Learn how fast and easy it is to make all of your dairy products at home!
No events scheduled at this time.Calendar View