Springtime Park Hopping
Park hopping is one of my family's favorite spring and summer activities. Springtime (here in Idaho) is a bit cooler this year than normal, but that doesn't mean we can't get outside and into nature. You just have to be a little better prepared for changes in the weather.
- Pocket Rain Ponchos - Rain, Shine or Tidal Wave!
- Sweatshirts for each family member - just in case it gets cold.
- Sand toys and shovels - for digging just about anywhere.
- Shelf-Stable Snack - a quick snack can keep kids happy and playing longer.
- Crayons and Paper - for making sketches, texture drawings and keeping littles busy during boring soccer games.
- Inflatable Beach Ball - fun for a quick game. I also like a small frisbee or nerf-like balls.
- Light weight blanket - for sitting, sleeping or keeping warm. It all works.
- A beach towel - for sponging off the dog after a dip in the pond, or wiping muddy feet.
- Color on the sidewalks with bark, leaves that you roll up, or flowers. It's free, washable, and loads of fun.
- Race sticks or leaves you find in the pond or creek.
- Take paper, crayons, and leaves and make leaf prints. Place the leaf under the paper and scribble over the top of it with a crayon.
- Roll, sled, or ice block down a hill. It is fun to have races, too. (Ice Blocking is essentially sledding in the summer. You use a large block of ice for a sled, cover the top with a towel and slide down a hill.)
- Play hot lava on the playground. (This game is best for kids who can cross the monkey bars.) Hot Lava is basically tag, but you can't touch the ground because its "hot lava." It is also fun to play when there are hot lava monsters. Those are people who are "it" and they can touch the ground but no one else can.
Tags: kids fun adventure play outdoor family
Dan Barclay said...
Add a Comment
For all news items click here
A Better Game Plan for Game Day
Whether it's soccer, football, rugby, lacrosse, or marching band, Mary Ann shows you how to keep everyone warm, comfortable, and ready for anything when it comes to fall sporting events.
Release Date: 9/19/2018
Surviving Summer Prepare for Summer Fun
You can be ready to hit the fun in 15 minutes or less—whether your day involves hiking, swimming, biking or picnicking. How can you do it? it’s easy—preparation is the key.
Release Date: 5/8/2018
Water bottles save dishes!
Joanne shares with us how she uses water bottles to help reduce dish clutter, save money, and help keep her family hydrated.
Release Date: 5/8/2018
Basic principles that help you make smart, economical decisions about food storage.
With the rising costs of groceries, you may have noticed your budget rising, too. Learn how easy it is to save money on groceries right now - No Coupons Necessary!
Every house has storage issues regardless of it's size. Double your storage space with simple principles that will keep your house clutter-free all day, everyday.
Delicious Soups to build your food storage on.
A food storage plan that is easy to implement for $10 a week.
Delicious Sauces in a Pinch