Springtime Park Hopping
Park hopping is one of my family's favorite spring and summer activities. Springtime (here in Idaho) is a bit cooler this year than normal, but that doesn't mean we can't get outside and into nature. You just have to be a little better prepared for changes in the weather.
- Pocket Rain Ponchos - Rain, Shine or Tidal Wave!
- Sweatshirts for each family member - just in case it gets cold.
- Sand toys and shovels - for digging just about anywhere.
- Shelf-Stable Snack - a quick snack can keep kids happy and playing longer.
- Crayons and Paper - for making sketches, texture drawings and keeping littles busy during boring soccer games.
- Inflatable Beach Ball - fun for a quick game. I also like a small frisbee or nerf-like balls.
- Light weight blanket - for sitting, sleeping or keeping warm. It all works.
- A beach towel - for sponging off the dog after a dip in the pond, or wiping muddy feet.
- Color on the sidewalks with bark, leaves that you roll up, or flowers. It's free, washable, and loads of fun.
- Race sticks or leaves you find in the pond or creek.
- Take paper, crayons, and leaves and make leaf prints. Place the leaf under the paper and scribble over the top of it with a crayon.
- Roll, sled, or ice block down a hill. It is fun to have races, too. (Ice Blocking is essentially sledding in the summer. You use a large block of ice for a sled, cover the top with a towel and slide down a hill.)
- Play hot lava on the playground. (This game is best for kids who can cross the monkey bars.) Hot Lava is basically tag, but you can't touch the ground because its "hot lava." It is also fun to play when there are hot lava monsters. Those are people who are "it" and they can touch the ground but no one else can.
Tags: kids fun adventure play outdoor family
Dan Barclay said...
Add a Comment
For all news items click here
Planning is the Key to Great Family Fun!
The key to getting these great weekends is planning. Uggh…planning, I know. We’d all love to be the spontaneous, creative, super mom types, but it doesn’t happen without a little planning. It‘s pretty painless all in all and I’ll walk you through the whole thing. C’mon!
Release Date: 12/4/2022
Winter Travel Plans are in the Bag
Mary Ann's checklist for all your winter travel plans. Prepare now so you don't get caught in the cold.
Release Date: 11/20/2022
Family Biking Fun - Summer on Wheels
Mary Ann shares her tips for safe and fun biking trips with your kids.
Release Date: 7/18/2021
Basic principles that help you make smart, economical decisions about food storage.
Sprouting seeds are packed with vital nutrients, protein, and minerals. They make a highly nutritional addition to your Food Storage.
Life is busy - Learning to manage and prioritize your time is essential to how busy you FEEL. Learn to make more time for yourself, your family, and everything else!
No events scheduled at this time.Calendar View